Private Chef serving San Diego
Slide gallery to the left to see more photos
Imagine having the time to do what you love while your very own private chef prepares high quality food for you and your family during the week. You won't have to lift a finger, and your family will love coming together for meals.
Let's give you back a few hours of your day, and take away the stress shall we?
Are you tired of figuring out what's for lunch and dinner day after day? Are you getting annoyed with shopping, cooking, ordering out all the time, and cleaning dishes? If so, my private chef services are for you. I am a dedicated chef, exclusive to one family at a time and my entire goal is to keep you out of the kitchen and doing more of the things you want to be doing. Weather you are a busy professional or a busy parent, spending hours in grocery stores, and cooking or cleaning in the kitchen to feed yourself and your family questionably health-is food shouldn't be one of your concerns. I make the highest possible quality foods, with a background in health and nutrition as well as 23 years of experience as a professional chef. I have an extensive background cooking healthy and delicious foods that even junk food lovers and kids enjoy.
How it works
It's very simple really. I do the menu planning based on your personal preferences, as well as the shopping. Every day, I come to your home before lunch, and prepare it in your kitchen, plate it, and serve it to you and your family. Then I leave for a few hours, and come back to make and serve you dinner. I do all the planning, shopping, and cleaning so that you don't have to.Your kitchen is then left clean and shiny before the end of the day.
Frequently asked questions
1. What is a private chef? A private chef is a professional responsible for taking care of all food related concerns for one exclusive family at a time. Some are live in chefs and some are not. I am not the latter, although I am open to exploring the possibilities.
2. How often do you come? I come Monday through Thursday. You are your family will have Friday - Sunday night to enjoy time alone as a family, and yes, you will have enough food in the fridge to cover you through the weekend if you wish.
3. How much does it cost? My services are $10,000 a month. I do not work for multiple families, just yours.
4. How many years of experience fo you have? I have 23 years of experience.
5. Are groceries separate? yes
6. Can you cook for parties and special events? Absolutely. I have owned catering companies before and can do exceptional job preparing beautiful food for your friends and family anytime.
7. Is catering and parties included in your services? Yes, up to twice a month.
8. Can I just hire you a few days a week? No, My services are for a family that needs and wants me full time Mon-Friday morning.
9. Why is it so expensive? These are normal prices for the private chef industry. It's a luxury service much like having your own multi national restaurant in your home home. Also, that's about how much I would make having my own catering company or restaurant on average. Instead of doing that, I am committed to you and your family's custom needs.
10. Can you travel with us if we go out of town? Yes, that is very common for this job. I've traveled to with my clients, England, India, Spain, Hawaii, France, and various states in the US.
11. Do you have experience cooking for anyone with an illness? Yes! I have experience cooking for people with Obesity, Heart Disease, Cancer, Sibo, Diabetes, Skin Conditions, Candida, Thyroid issues, Gallbladder conditions, Pregnant mothers, Post Partum Mothers, and children. I well versed in health, nutrition as I am also a licensed Holistic Health Practitioner.
"Prem's food tastes like he really enjoys making it!"
– Ram Das, Maui, HI
"Prem worked for us as a private chef for 3 years. He was a chef without an ego but whose talent certainly warranted one.
The utmost professional, Prem was quick to take direction while infusing his own creative twist to every dish. He remembered everyone’s dietary restrictions, food preferences and aversions. Always ready to converse if you engaged with him, but super respectful during family time.
I have yet to meet someone more passionate about food. His knowledge of different types of cuisine and the medicinal use of certain foods and food combinations was like no other.
He helped me stay healthy and on track during my pregnancy and after the baby was born. We look forward to having him cook for us again."
-Biana, Del Mar
"I lost 75 pounds in four months thanks to Chef Prem!"
– Steve, S.D.
"Chef Prem came to our home and cooked amazing Thai inspired dishes
for my 50th birthday celebration. He suggested the menu, shopped for
all the food, arrived early on the day of our party and began cooking and
did not stop until late into the evening. There was a constant flow of new
foods for our guests to enjoy throughout the evening.
He also made sure that my kitchen was clean at the end of the night. If
you are looking for someone to come in and help you with your event,
call Chef Prem.
Angela, Carlsbad, CA
Our event was flawless and I truly appreciated not having to worry or
take care of the details for the event. We will definitely be calling Prem
for our next big event! Thank you Prem - it was an absolute pleasure
working with you and we look forward to you cooking for us again!"
-Debra, La Jolla, CA
"Prem was catered to provide lunches and dinner to 22 people on a
private retreat in North San Diego county. He was very professional
when working with me in preparing for this event and was extremely
responsive to the special needs of the diners, i.e., vegetarian, gluten
free, dairy free, etc.
His menu selections were fabulous and his meals were beautifully
prepared and very delicious. The meals were always served on time,
even though he had to share the kitchen with those on retreat.
He was extremely gracious, flexible, and went way beyond what was
expected in service. I found him to be an excellent chef and an
outstanding person of good will. I highly recommend him and plan on
utilizing his wonderful menus and skills in the future".
-Mary, Encinitas, CA
"I recently hired Chef Prem to create a special meal for my parent's
wedding anniversary celebration, and he exceeded all my expectations!
We had very specific dietary restrictions, and he accommodated all of
our menu requests with the utmost professionalism.
He arrived early, problem-solved when it became apparent that the
kitchen in the house we were renting was less than optimal, and
ultimately presented a palette-pleasing 4-course meal that everyone
thoroughly enjoyed. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a
personal chef, and would be happy to provide a personal reference.
Thank you, Chef Prem!"
-Daniel, Columbus, OH
“Prem infuses his delicious, nutritious food with love, care and
thoughtfulness. Even though I ate two plates of food at EVERY meal
during a weekend retreat, I never felt overstuffed or heavy inside – just
nourished, energized and satisfied. I highly recommend his catering
services for your next event.”
-Pam, Sedona, Arizona